lips and facial wastging

My partner has a protuberant belly and is beginning to have sufficient facial wasting that it is telling. Maybe I'm more concerned about this than he is. It's hard to say as he won't talk much about this. How effective is liposuction for a propuberant belly and how long is it likely to last? What about implants for his facial wasting? Once again. how long would this treatment be effective? Finally, what do you hear about Juvon? What are the pro and cons for this?

Much of the problem for the increased abdominal girth in the setting of HIV infection (and its treatment) is often visceral fat which is not accessible for liposuction. There are a number of options for facial wasting though many are expensive and long-term data is lacking (Nu-Fill or Sculptra is perhaps the best studied). Treatment for facial wasting often runs $5000 or more. Juveen (I think that is what you are referring to) is a nutrional supplement heavily advertised in many HIV publications for patients. For patients who ear reasonably well, take a multiple vitamin, exercise, have good HIV control with stable body weight, good hormone levels (thyroid and testosterone), it is unclear if there is any benefit to Juveen. For persons who are losing body mass despite attempts to reverse then supplement like Juveen may have a role. I have some patients who pay for it out of their own pocket who have been pleased with it but data is various HIV situations is still sparse on that. KH

Forgetfullness as a side effect?
Blood Clots and H.I.V.