Sustiva, Truvada & Serequel

I've been taking Sustiva & Truvada for 6 weeks and have been experiencing severe depression. I am concerned about how these drugs are interacting with the other medications I take on a daily basis; resperdal .05 mg, Effexor 300 mg, Ritalin 20 mg 2x daily, Serequel 50mg at night. I am especially concerned about the Serequel which I use to help me sleep. My stomach is upset frequently and overall I feel down and depressed. I think I'm taking too many drugs and should discontinue everything to give the Sustiva & Truvada a chance. Can you give me some feedback about the interactions of these drugs?

I often avoid initial use of Sustiva in persons with pre-existing sleep or mental health problems due to its well known tendency to aggravae those other problems. I would be more likely to use it once a patient is doing well on therapy and is very stable so I might switch off a protease inhibitor to Sustiva and see what happens (but only one new drug is being used so he can isolate and concentrate on issues of what problems it is causing).Usually there is not a drug interaction problem per se but rather the Sustiva counteracts the effectiveness of the other meds. Truvada can also cause some annoying GI side effects in a subset of individuals. You should discuss with both her HIV specialist and psychiatrist what your options are to switch to other meds if your complainst continue. KH

Submental fat part of lipo problems? + thyroid
Does Videx also cause Lypo?