PI reaction very scary

My doctor changed my meds to 1400mg/day of Lexiva and 200mg/day of Norvir to boost it. He also included 300 mg of Epzicom. Within 9 days of this new cocktail I had joint and muscle pain and a severe rash over 90% of my body. He advised me to drop the Norvir, but continue on the remaining drugs. What in your opinion should I continue to take or not take. I am PI naive and this has really frightened me. Should I ask to not be on any PI's?

Thank you for your opinion

Both the fosamprenavir (Lexiva) and the abacavir (in Epzicom) can cause rashes (usually the Norvir doesn't contribute) which can be hard to sort out and is one reason I don't favor starting those drugs together at the same time im most cases. The abacavir can cause a serious hypersensitivity reaction which can include a rash so other symptoms need to be carefully evaluated. If you have previously failed other medications especially a PI then stopping the Norivir is often not advisable. Your HIV specialist usually is the best person to advise you as to the best course of action. KH

Elisa Positive
What options do I have?