viramune

dear dr. henry.i,m hiv positive but on viracept and combivar and doing fine. have to take imodium daily but doing great with no dihrea. my question to you my friend is on viramune and combivar. his t cells are somewhat ok but he is suffering from the side effect of sensative skin where he can,t even go outside in the sun because it hurts him so much . we both have the same hiv dr. my dr. took him out of service from his job at american airlines as a baggage handler. he,s his normal self at night, and has to be alout of energy. i think my dr is going to take him off viramune but rumors are the dr says it will take a year for the med to leave his body. would this be bad for his t cells that he has left, and will he be in any danger? does this medicine cause nuerological problems because the dr has him on antidepreesents and probaply bactrim. will it be to late for him after one year to change him to another regimen?thank you peter e diaz.

It can take up to 2-4 weeks for Viramune to be out of the system. It is unusual for Viramune to cause photosensitivity (sulfa antibiotics more often cause that problem). Stopping Viramune can abe tricky due to how long it stays in the body and the risk for resistance.In parts of the world where treatment options are limited the choices of what to do can be very tough--an experienced HIV provider who knows the patient's history is usually the best person to offer advice. KH

Sustiva/Truvada Side Effects
Is Vitamins Is Good?