|wondering and scared
Mar 15, 2005
I'm wondering if I can get HIV from oral sex? I am also wondering if the white blood cells and platelets being low, would the HIV virus do that?
| Response from Dr. Conway
HIV can be transmitted by oral sex, but this is quite unusual. It almost always requires genital secretions of an infected individual and an open mucosal lesion in the mouth of an uninfected host or, the other way around, contact between bloody saliva or oral fluid of an infected individual and an open genital sore of an unifected host. Low white blood cells and platelets can certainly be associated with HIV disease but are very rarely its only sign, and are most usually caused by many, many other things.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.