Oral Aphthous Ulcers Management

This isn't really a question so much as a comment. After many years of suffering with oral apthous ulcers (canker sores), I found a way to manage them that really worked for me. First, I changed to Biotene toothpaste, that lacks sodium lauryl sulfate that most toothpastes have. Second, I use Daniel's Solution compound, a liquid swish-and-spit solution that a pharmacy must compound that has an oral steroid, an anti-inflammatory, and I believe a pain reliever in it. Third, I use triamcinolone in a dental paste (such as Kenalog in Orabase) and dab that before bed just any ulcers are starting to form. I also stopped eating peanuts and other nuts that seemed to exacerbate the problem, and have used a "mouthwash" of milk sometimes to manage pain. I hope these tips help someone else who struggles with these sores, which can affect eating, mood, weight management due to food avoidance. I eat all my favorite foods (including spicy ones) now, and have drastically less recurrences. I hope this helps someone; thanks!

Response from Dr. Conway

Thanks for the great comment. You make a number of key points for the approach to oral aphthous ulcers. It is important to keep the mouth moist and clean, and avoid any substances that exacerbate the problem for you. Thereafter, it is a matter of combining appropriate pain control and appropriate analgesics. Nicely done!!!

5 years of worry over P51 band, please help
wondering and scared