Is their help for me still?

I was on Videx, Ziagen and Viracept and got pancreatitis 3 times. I had to go to the hospital and have since been placed on Ziagen, Viracept and Viread. I am still getting pancreatitis. What can I do? Every time I get it, it is worse. Am I done? Is their any help for me? Thank you for your time .

Response from Dr. Conway

Drug-associated pancreatitis is, unfortunately, not uncommon. The Videx is one of the antiretrovirals most commonly associated with it, and I agree with the decision to take it out of your regimen to see if it would help avoid recurrrent pancreatitis. This does not seem to have worked. of the drugs you are still taking, the Ziagen is next in line, and I might think about taking it out of your regimen. Not that Ziagen-associated pancreatitis is common, but it is reported. If Truvada (combination Emtriva/Viread) is an option for you, it might be an easy way of getting 2 nucleosides into one pill that is easy for you to take and may have fewer side effects.

As an aside, I would also want to make sure you are not taking any other medications or substances that would affect your pancreas. You need to avoid alcohol, as it can particularly affect your pancreas. Lastly, it would be important to make sure that you do not have gallstones, as this can also make things worse.

clinical trial ?
Side effects??