Mar 10, 2005
What does HIV stand for ?
Response from Dr. Conway
Human Immunodeficiency Virus.
It is a virus that infects humans, and the ultimate consequences of infection are depletion of the body's defense systems, or immunodeficiency.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Genital Sores - Male Symptoms
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
- Are Night Sweats A Sign Of Hiv Infection?
- Can I Catch Aids From Kissing With A Mouth Ulcer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.