WHY THERE IS NO CURE FOR LYPO?

Hi, i am suffering ftom a real hard lypo for many years. I just dont get it, why there is no cure for the lypo ? why it takes so long? Also i need to know , i am on viread stockrin and videx(250mg once a day), i know that from these 3 the videx is the one who can cause the lypo. i have took befor zerit, befor kaletra and befor crxcivan. i asked my dr to take of the videx as well by he told me that the effect of the videx is minimal and the is no need to switch it. i need to hear your opinion on this. is there any chance once i'll get pregnant the fat will be devided normaly or will it get worst. i feel so desperate as if there is no hope for me and nothing to leave for ....

Fat problems in the setting of treated HIV disease is one of our most vexing challenges as your testimony shows. Stocrine is not recommended if you plan to get pregnant due to concern about fetal abnormalities. There are many factors that appear to contribute to the fat problems so an easy, quick answer is elusive. Mitochondrial toxicity is one common link (possibly due to the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors-NRTIs) so studies of regimens without those drugs or with some of the NRTIs that appear more fat friendly are underway). Efforts with treatments such as anti-oxidants or nutritional supplements (like uridine) are also underway. For now the situation is frustrating since the drugs are obviously doing so much good (preventing horrible illnesses and death due to AIDS)that patients feel understandably trapped. I do think that over the next 5 years or so we will be able to offer drugs which don't cause the problem and we will have better treatments once the problem has already developed--that doesn't help much now I'm sure. KH

Phlegm After Eating
Repeated shingles/right side neuropathy