|FULL BLOWN AIDS
Mar 4, 2005
I have a cousin who has full blown AIDS and is being treated for skin lesions with Chemo. I wanted to know how long people with AIDS live? My family seems to think with meds, he will live for awhile.
Response from Dr. Henry
In some cases (even with skin cancer) persons with AIDS can live a very long time (decades-we are still learning how long) but there are some forms of cancer that are tough to treat even if the HIV can be controlled OK. KH
Meds and Breast Lump in Males
- I Am Hiv Positive And My Boyfriend Is Not How Can I Tell Him
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- What Causes An Hpv Outbreak?
- What Does Herpes Do To Immune System?
- Ways Other Than Sex To Get Herpes
- What Is The Typical Incubation Period For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.