|Take Meds With Food or Without
Mar 1, 2005
What studies have looked at the relationship between food intake and meds?
Some people also do better when taking Kaletra with food.
Is there any scientific basis for these individual differences or is it just, forgive the pun, a "crap shoot"?
| Response from Dr. Henry
There is already wide variation in both blood levels achieved and side effects from specific HIV drugs between patients. Food can impact both the levels achieved in the blood and side effect profile and not always in a consistent manner from person to person so it is a real phenomenon. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute And Negative HIV Test
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.