|Is There a Uridine Supplement that is FDA approved?
Feb 26, 2005
Hello Doctor, Has the FDA approved supplemental uridine? If not, when can we expect them to do so? Interesed in it as a treatment for lipoatrophy. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Henry
To my knowledge the FDA has not approved an uridine supplements for HIV related lipodystrophy. The FDA has traditionally not approved many nutritional or alternative medicines/vitamins. In the next yaer or so there should be some confirmatory study results shedding further light on the benefit (or toxicity) of uridine supplements in HIV+ patients on treatment who have developed problems like lipoatrophy. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Does Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding Mean I Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.