Side effects of Combivir and Stocrin

Hi, I've been on combivir and stocrin since february 2002 and it's working OK. (negative vl,CD4s around 700.) So far, no visible side effects. I have now been given the option to stop my treatment but since everything is going OK I see no big reason for that. Of course I would like to know what side effects are most commonly expected from Combivir and Stocrin, and after how long. I would also like to know wether lipodistrophy is included in these risks. Thanking you in advance,

Tom

Over time there may be some modest risk for lipodystrophy with that regimen as well as continued or new CNS problems from efavirenz. The advisability of stopping depends partly on how low your CD4 count was prior to therapy. Also stopping meds can be complicated when on NNRTIs with a long half-life like efavirenz (if all meds stopped at the same time then one essentially is one mono-therapy with efavirenz for many days). KH

Can I take a Break from Meds?
Dental Problems and diarrhea