|Parathyroid and Treatment
Feb 21, 2005
I have recently found that my parathyroid hormone level (PTH) is high (about 8.8 ). My calcium level is little high (10,2) too. I consulted with the Endocrinologist and he said he did not want to consider surgery at this point, but did not suggest any other measures to bring the PTH down. Is there any way other than surgery of bringing down my PTH levels? Are there any dietary recommendations?
In addition my throat hurts a lot sometimes (even if I talk for about 10 minutes) and my ears as wellalmost sinus like symptoms. I wonder if that has something to do with the parathyroid.
| Response from Dr. Henry
What is your HIV status and which HIV drugs (and other drugs) are you taking. This site is for the discussion of symptoms due to side effects of HIV therapy. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.