HepC/HIV coinfected taking iron

I am coinfected and I take iron daily and folic acid twice daily. I have been recently been given by the doc a prenatal multivitamin(I am not pregnant). Sould I discontinue the iron and folic acid? Is there too much iron in my system? The first few days of taking the vitamin, it caused really bad pain in my stomach and my belly looked huge. Why is that? Should I take all these supplements, some, or none? I am also on a HAART regimen of Kaletra, Emtriva,and Viread.

If you have evidence of iron deficiency then talking iron likely is a good idea. Additional folic acid may be a good idea particularly if you have been tested and shown to have a low folic acid level. Many multivitamins with minerals cause some stomach complaints when they are started. I recommend a Centrum or generic equivalent to my patients on a regular basis but some have to switch around to find a vitamin that their stomach tolerates. KH

Foot and Knee pain and swelling with truvada and sustiva
Sustiva Rash help please