breathing and sinus problems with yellow eyes

I am a 29 year old female and was diagnosed with HIV about 10 years ago. Several months ago my T-cells dropped below 200 and my viral load was starting to climb, so doctors started me on a new regimen. The one I was on before seemed to be causing some problems. I've been on several different medication "cocktails" and I am currently taking Norvir, Truvada, and Reyataz. I've also been taking Dapsone along with these for probably close to six months because of my T-cells and I was having shortness of breath, etc. That feeling has been gone for awhile now, but I've been really suffering with congestion and severe sinus infections almost constantly. I get over one and I well for about a week or two and then I get another one. And in the past few months I've had a feeling off and on like I'm breathing through a straw with wheezing and crackling in my chest. Sometimes it's worse at night. I'm just wondering if I could possibly have asthma or if it's something being caused by my medications. It just seems like since I've started this medication regimen, I've had chest congestion and other problems like sinus and allergy attacks. I've struggled with allergies throughout my life, but they haven't been this bad before. My T-cells have gone up past 200 and I just had more bloodwork done and have a doctor's appointment here soon to discuss the results. I believe they will be taking me off the Dapsone. Also, my eyes have been really yellow, which the doctor is aware of and we have been checking my liver functions regularly. From what I understand, one of my medications, the Reyataz I believe, is the cause of this and the doctor said it usally peeks and goes back down. Mine seems to go up and down and up. One week my eyes look just a little yellow and then the next they are really yellow. I really don't want to start a new medication regimen if this one's working well because I have been non-detectible. But if it's causing me to be sick all the time or possibly causing liver damage, then I think I would rather try something else. It's just I've already taken quite a few different medications over the years.

Sinus problems can be more severe and frequent in HIV+ patients so a good evaluation for that (as well as chest evaluation including X-ray or pulmonary function tests) may be worthwhile. In my experience if a patient is has eleveated bilirubin levels due to atazanavir it usually stays high. The problem is mostly cosmetic (i.e. yellow eyes) and not associated with severe liver damage in vast majority of cases. I have had several patients stop atazanvir because of that problem. Saquinavir is another option to use with the norvir (also Lexiva) depending on your past Rx history. YOur HIV doc is the best person to review options with you. KH

Treatment
do these drugs cause lipoatrophy