night sweats

Hey, I'm taking Sutiva and Truvada, Ambien (3x a week), Lipitor, multi vitamin, vitamin c and b complex and chromium picolinate. I also quit drinking alcohol about 5 weeks ago (was drinking every day and a lot). I am having night sweats (pillow and t-shirt is wet). other than that I'm feeling great, what could be the cause of the night sweats? should I be concerned?

Response from Dr. Conway

It all depends on your CD4 count. if is is 200 or lower, I would worry about an HIV-related condtion or opportunistic infection. Otherwise it may be side effect of the Ambien (especially if it only happens on nights when you take Ambien). It would not be a common side effect of any of your other medications. After this, I would first want to make sure if you are having fevers or not, as the possibilities are quite broad. You should discuss it with your health care provider.