Are untraditional Meds worth a try?

I have been positive for 13 yrs and my T cells have been about 150-250 for the last 4. I don't know the last time I was undetectable even with medication changes. I recently wrote in about neuropathy and sure enough it is large muscle neuropathy. The meds are not worth the side effects to me. Not recalling how I got to work or going to get dinner with friends and taking falling asleep at the table. I have started on calcium, magnesium, d3, b6, b12,and folic acid. Do I neeed to be aware of any interactions or problems any of these may cause? My Dr. does not believe in anything but traditional treatments and was not willing to say anything other than they are not tested or proven treatments. It is helping though. I also have added Oregano oil for immune boost. I was given the direction by a co worker but he is not on the same regiman as I was with a different care giver. I am just wondering about dosing and possible issues I should be aware of.

Response from Dr. Conway

There are no specific problems that I am aware of with the vitamin and herb problems you are taking. I have an open mind regarding whether they will help you or not, but they do not seem to be hurting you (unless they are unspeakably expensive). Further, it seems to be part of how you are choosing to live with your HIV infection, and that may be more important than anything else.

As for antiretrovirals, an approach that I have often considered in people who have no clear treatment options to make the viral load undetectable is to use a simple regimen of only nucleoside analogues. This often has some benefit on CD4 counts and viral load, and may serve to buy some time until new classes of drugs (such as entry inhibitors) may be available to you in clinical trials.

PEP time running out
resistant to AZT and pregnant