Uncle was just diagnosed.
Feb 3, 2005
My uncle was diagnosed with full blown AIDS. The doctors tell us he has had this for over ten years. My question would be, Would his labs he has had done in the last few years showed this? A couple months ago he had stomach surgery and a year ago he had all kinds of liver checks done. I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. I am not fully understanding this situation with him. Thank you for your time and answers.
Response from Dr. Henry
Often routine labs would miss HIV infection unless they were reviewed with a critical eye by someone who is HIV knowledgeable. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.