Exaggerated Mosquito Bite

Exaggerated mosquito/insect bites seem to be a common complaint among HIV+ people. Is this just a coincidence, or just a common occurance that HIV+ people notice more, or is there a threshold of immunosuppression that might cause this?

What I have observed in Minnesota (where the mosquito is the unofficial state bird) is that HIV+ persons often over react to insect bites. Though the reason is not well worked out it has been my sense that the dysregulation of the immune system caused by HIV (which includes high levels of non-specific antibodies) seems to trigger those reactions. KH

GI pain
Diabetes and A(DS