IV Drip/ research /Meds

dx in 1994, male,45. i have been thru the ups and downs of meds. my count is not very al that good . CD4 96 , VL 6k. i have signed up to do research for a IV drip once a week and also on meds. i am on Lexiva,Viread,didasoine,norvir and the IV drip. i am doing this for the future generation of people that may be infected by HIV/AIDS.my question is ,am i putting myself at risk by trying out these new prcedures in research? thank you

There is often a risk inherent to studies involving new drugs (such as side effects from the drug, resistance to new drugs, etc) which are usually explained in the consent form. Your HIV specialist would be best at looking at your situation, your options, and the specifics of the drug being evaluated as it relates to your situation. I am always appreciative when patients want to participate in research studies for the benefit of others as well as possibly their own benefit. THe major reason progress has been so fast in HIV treatment has been the high level of interest among patients/activists for research. KH

Swollen Glands Treatments
burning sensation in both feet