My Head or My liver? Anyone?

hi Kieth, I asked a question to "any expert" last friday and haven't heard anything. It's entitled "my head or my liver?", have you seen the question? I'm pos for 18 years, no meds and am tring to decide between Susteva or Viramune. What Stats do you have? What are the odds that I'll have side effects at all? My T-cell count is 225 and 33,000 viral load. I'm waiting to hear from someone befor I start treatment for the first time.

I personally start most patients on a boosted PI regimen and then once they are suppressed (with no resistance) look at the options to switch to a simplified regimen. If once a day dosing is important than Sustiva is more attractive than Viramune. Most patients have some modest side effects in the first month. With Sustiva the central nervous side effects are the worst in the first month but persist in about 10% after that. Patients who have OK liver health do OK with nevirapine but I monitor them carefully during the first several months. KH

Will lypo eventually correct itself after a med change?
Swollen Glands Treatments