What replaces Sustiva?

I've been on once daily sustiva/Truvada for 5 months with great results and only one troublesome side-effect: The mild dizziness & generally "odd" feeling I get one hour after taking sustiva at 11pm, pretty much makes any evening activity challenging, whether it involves going out, reading, typing, etc. If I eat ANYTHING (not just high-fat) within 1 hour of taking it, I'm totally down for the night. What is generally swapped in, if I decide that I don't want to continue Sustiva? I also tend toward high cholesterol and there is also the lipid issue on Sustiva and it's diminishing effect on Lipitor. Is it ever adviseable to take only truvada at 11pm and delay sustiva until i'm ready to go to sleep at 12, 1am, 2am?

In that situation with no history of resistance then switching the Sustiva to nevirapine would be a common consideration. Also to be considered would be switch to one of the once a day PIs (such as atazanavir or Lexiva) though I have some concern about the tenofovir effect on the PI level (so that adding 100 mg of ritonavir often done). It is generally OK to separate the Sustiva and Truvada dosing. KH

Lymphedema
Lopid and Lipitor