Feb 2, 2005
My 14 yr old daughter is on combination treatment for severals. This past year she has developed unexplained bilateral lymphedema of the hands and feet. Her last CD4-1288 and viral load 4,000. We can not find the problem or the solution to decrease her discomfort. Any suggestions?
Response from Dr. Henry
If her nutritional status is OK then an evaluation looking for blockage of drainage of venous/lymph from the legs through the groin/abdomen would be reasonable (such as an abdominal CT scan). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Chlamydia Test Of Cure
- How Does Thrush Spread To Other People?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.