Am I working out with a trainer to excess?

I am 45, have been HIV positive for about two and a half years, and am on a regimen of Truvada and Viramune, which has successfully kept my viral load undetectable and my CD4 count about 500,consistently. I have also made an effort to 'clean up my act' so to speak of unnnecessary toxins in my system, in an effort to live a longer, healthier life. Those toxins specifically are crystal meth and anabolic steroids. Now that I am no longer 'cheating', I have hired a trainer who is working with me to build muscle the honest, natural way. The only trouble is that he works me to the point where I become violently ill in the men's room after the workouts. He is not aware of my HIV status, or the HAART meds. He considers the vomiting to be a sign of success. Is this dangerous? Should I stop the workouts, or at least tell him to go easier on me? To be honest, I have been enjoying it. I like the feeling of working out to the maximum of my ability. Thanks. Phil, Seattle.

Working out to that extent seems unreasonable from the common sense standpoint. I think the trainer is unwise to consider vomiting a sign of success= go easier and/or change trainer. Explaining that you have a chronic medical condition requiring treatment (with the Truvada there could be some slight impairment of muscle recovery due to mitochondrial effects in some patients) should prompt a reduction in the intensity of your workouts for a while.KH

More Questions on Benign Parotid Hyperplasia
Lymphedema