Feb 2, 2005
Hi.... With the above described regimen, is it at all risky to add Zyban to quit smoking? I guess it just seems like a lot of different meds for one liver to metabolize...
Response from Dr. Henry
Sustiva may decrease the effectiveness of atorvastatin. There has not been good data on use of Zyban with Sustiva-there is a potential for an interaction. I have had several patients on bupropion and Sustiva who I monitored more carefully who seemed to do OK. KH
More Questions on Benign Parotid Hyperplasia
- Hiv Transition To Aids
- Transmission Methods Of Hiv Aids Std
- Where Is A Good Place To Live For Hiv Patients?
- If You Have Hiv Can You Fight A Cold?
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- How Long Do I Have To Wait To Get A Hep Titer After A Hep B Shot?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.