Steroids for thighs

Hi, I have noticed the lipoatrophy in my upper legs over the last 2 years. Where I had thick muscular legs I now can see the veins and this is worrying me. I train at the gym regularly and take trizivir twice a day. Can you recommend any type of steroids or diet plan to help increase the mass on my legs? Also is there an alternative to my meds, as I believe that AZT may be causing this. I am 39 years old and have been positive for over 10 years now. Other than this issue with my legs, I am very healthy--am undetectable and t-cells over 1000. Looking forward to your opinion.

Response from Dr. Conway

You are right that the AZT may be contributing to your problem, so you may discuss with your doctor whether is may be appropriate to switch it to another agent such as atazanavir, while continuing your other meds as the single Epzicom tablet.

You sound like you sepnd a fair bit of time in the gym, so make sure you are doing a balanced combination of weights and cardio, as this seems to help with the lipoatrophy.

Unfortunately, anaboilic steroids or predisone will likley not hep you very much. Serostim (growth hormone) has ben shown to be of benifit in various studies, but it is quite expensive, unless you have third party insurance.

fibrates and statins
follow-up * skin problems