Acid Reflux/IBS

Hi. I am back on meds after a few years. After 1 month of meds I am undetectable and my T Cells are at 146. I am taking Combivir 2x daily, Viread 300mg 1x daily and SMZ/TMP Double Str Tab. 1x every other day. My doc is excitied with the progress already and wants me to continue. I was diagonosed with IBS 6 mon ago. Any now I am suffer with Acid Reflux. I am taking Nexum, however it isn't working and I now started Prilosec. My doc told me to go to a Gastro doc. I am thinking if any natural remedies would work or if you many have any other suggestions. This has been really uncomfortable for me let alone dealing with AIDS and IBS and now Acid Reflux. Please help - Thanks in advance - David

Response from Dr. Conway

I am glad that your medications are working...now go to a gastro!!! There is a need to make a specific etiologic diagnosis (i.e. What is causing your symptoms?) before going any further. For the sake of argument, it could be that you simply have a minor fungal infection of your espohagus, and that a brief treatment with anti-fungals will improve the situation dramatically. Also, for IBS-type symptoms, I would want to make sure you don't have a bowel infection or some other lesions that require specific treatment.

Going to a gastro is the thing to do...Good luck!!!

unexplained symptoms again
medication to combat bloating with Kaltera