breast tenderness in pos woman on meds

Hi , I am on Kaletra, Ziagen and Epivir for HIV. I have a 160 T Cell count and supressed viral load. I have tender breast sometimes painful and in the past I have used evening primrose caplets, which helped greatly and also onega 3. Is it ok to take these with my HIV medications? my doctor does not give any advise on using herbal or vitamin supplements. Are you aware of increased breast tenderness with medications ?

thanks

Response from Dr. Conway

This side effect may occur in 2% of people on Kaletra, or may be part of a lipodystrophy syndrome, again possibly associated with Kaletra. You may wish to discuss with your doctor if there may be a way of getting you off Kaletra to another medication to see if this makes a difference. In many people with undetectable viral loads, there is often the possibility of making single drug switches to address this type of problem (i.e. keeping on the Ziagen and Epivir and just switching the Kaletra to something else).

As for the supplements you are taking, I see no problem with that, although I am not aware of any hard evidence that they will help your breast tenderness. However, they may help you in other ways.

Good luck...

Just got diagnosed, scared and confused about treatments
THNX....from india!!