Pet Limits and Restrictions

I have been positive for 2yrs and doing quite well. Your website has been a valuable tool for preserving my sanity during the transition, so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

My Dr. told me when I was first diagnosed not to have a cat because of the toxins in their litterbox. Luckily, I hate cats. I have been thinking lately about getting a small pet; perhaps a dog or some birds. Are there any advised restrictions on owning or handling of any animals other than felines? And if so, what are they?

I understand my question is rather minute and I appreciate you taking the time to answer it.

Thanks again for all of your help making my living with HIV tolerable.

Sincerely, JJH in Pittsburgh

Pets are often a great companion and good idea. I would simply inform your HIV specialist about your interest in a pet dog or bird and let him/her know if you get one. KH

Viread and Sustiva interaction
When is it time to say enough of this already.