psoriasis

my partner is HIV positive and i was recently exposed to potential infection. his viral load is undetectable and i have been assured that the risk of my infection is very low, but i was still put on a cycle of antiviral drugs as a precaution. ten days into taking the meds i began to develop what looks like psoriasis. my doctors insist that this is not a symptom of any developing HIV. i assume that it is a possible response to the meds as psoriasis is triggered by t-cell production. i only assume this from my own investigations. is this a common problem? do you have an opinion? i've been off the drugs for twelve days and it still hasn't cleared up. what should i do?

Some HIV drugs can have a drying effect on the skin for a while so that could be what you are observing. If persistent over next 2-4 weeks I would see your primary care doc and possibly a dermatologist to discuss what could be going on. KH

Is it true that lipodistrophy is caused only by protease inhibitors?
No Meds...