why did my HIV progress so fast?

I was recently diagnosed with HIV..My cd4 count is 214 and my viral load is 29,000..My last HIV test before this one was in June of 2000 and i was negative. The reson iI got testede was the person who infected me called to let me know he is positive.I met him 9/ 2000 is this a normal progression?

That would seem to be a fast progression from the details you provide. You could have a genetic susceptibility to fast progression (that varies widely), the virus could be a nasty strain or other explanations. I often repeat the blood tests one more time before making any firm treatment recommendations in many cases. You need to connect with an HIV specialist to discuss your treatment options. KH

PN with Truvada
pimples