For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Spinal Neuropathy Treatment

What are the current treatment regimens. I have beeen using neurontin, but it is only partially effectuve. Due to a spinal cord infection which caused paraplegia I have sensory neuropathy in the buttocks area which results in unbearable pain if I sit in my wheelchair for more than an hour at a time.

There are a number of new or investigational treatment options for neuropathy. Cymbalta is helpful in some patients. Prospaptide O and high strength capsaicin are under study for peripheral neuropathy. I often seek consultation from paain specialist (often they utilize acupuncture and other non-traditional therapies) and neurologies to maximize the relief that can be obtained. KH

fat stomach help
nevirapine and blood pressure