fat stomach help

In reguards to the question on "fat stomach help!!!!" from Dec. 30, 2004. There is an actual treatment being studied in conjuction with Boston Mount Sinai Hospital and Harvard Medical Center. It is an experimental Surgery in which a surgeon actually enters the abdominal area lapriscopicly and removes fat in strips from the "Greater Omentum". It has had remarkable success in reducing abdominal obesity and actually reversing diabetes and insulin resistance. It has only been done with 6 patients and is considered totally experimental. I have tried relentlessly to get into the study but don't seem to be able to come up with a contact person. My doctor here in Minneapolis has tried talking some associate surgeons in his health care system to try it on me, but no one is willing because the data isn't widely available and the procedure is too new and experimental for any Doctor to go out on a limb for this one. Maybe one of you "Experts" into this procedure and see if you could find a published paper on it.

I think it is worth a shot. I know that you experts are mostly interested in treating more life threatening conditions but living with the drug side effect themselves can be a living hell and ware on a persons self esteem and quality of life. Something to consider.

Frustrated in Minneapolis

Thank you for highlight that development and keeping the heat on for this frustrating problem. KH

Time to change.....
Spinal Neuropathy Treatment