recurring unilateral swelling of right side

In the last month i have began having a unilateral swelling of my entire right side which is also accompanied with numbness. The first time it occured was on dec 5th and the numbness lasted about one week and the swelling had dissappeared by the time i arrived at the ER. i went to the ER the night it happened and had a ct scan done. nothing showed up. i informed my Infectious Disease doctor and she worried i may have had a stroke, so i had an MRI performed a few days later. Again nothing showed up. She performed a full work up and nothing was out of the ordinary. And then on new years eve it happened again but the numbness had disappeared by the morning. My question is, what could be causing this? i am currently on epivir sustiva and zerit. I have been on them since May, i was diagnosed in april and have been undetectable since i began this regime and now have a 550 cd4. i also was diagnosed with cmv and herpes back in april. i do smoke marijuana occasionally for stomach problems and appitite but other then that i don't do any other drugs nor do i smoke cigarettes. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

That would be an unusual set of symptoms due to Sustiva (possible still but unlikely) or to your NRTIs (D4T neuropathy would very rarely present like that). If the right side numbeness and swelling were localized (arm/leg etc) then that might pin down the location of a problem. Having swelling and numbness on an entire side of the body is unusual and hard to explain if a MRI and CT of the brain were normal. I would refer to an HIV interested neurologist for help. KH

dizzy
Are there specialists in allergic reactions to meds?