NNRTI & Lipitor

What is your feeling about Lipitor to lower cholesterol in patients on nnrti regimens? I've been on Sustiva/Truvada for 14 weeks with great results but have been battling high cholesterol for about 10 years, HDL high, LDL low, well controlled by Lipitor, but am not taking it now. I'm 40 and very thin 5'8, 135. I understand these drugs are metabolized by the same enzymes in the liver, so are interactions an issue?

The effectiveness of the Lipitor may be diminished by the effect of Sustiva on liver enzymes. The drugs can be used together but sometimes the dose of the Lipitor may need to be increased. The ACTG is starting a study using ezetimide along with a statin for high LDL levels-I am looking forward to seeing those results.

Side effect of PEP
Starting Androgel