cidofovir for cmv/hpv

hi dr. henry,

i'm co-infected with hpv-16 and cmv. together they have caused a lot of immune supression, intensified my allergies, and caused me to lose a considerable amount of weight.

i'm considering cidofovir to treat both infections. traditionally, cidofovir has been used to fight cmv, but i found articles explaining its experimental use in fighting a wide range of hpv-related illnesses as well.

i do need to do something about these health problems. but do you think it is worth the risk of kidney failure? risk versus benefit.. . what do you think, please?

Cidofovir is a very tough drug to use long-term. I have no experience using it for HPV infection. Usually in the setting of HIV infection the situation of CMV/HPV infection may be improved somewhat by maximal suppression of HIV and increases in immune system function (increae in CD4 count). KH

Niacin vs Statins?
Body Odor