Reyataz half life

I recently had a long, severe bout with PCP after a drug holiday that went on too long. CD4=40 VL=70,000. Doc has restarted me on Reyataz 400 mg. daily and Trizivir. Within a month, CD4=245, VL=2000. What do you think? Do I need to boost with Norvir? Is this sustainable? The doctor claims she will get my bloodwork up and then switch me to something else to maintain my renewed numbers. Also, what is the half-life of Reyataz, I recently was 2 and a half hours late with my dose recently, just this one time. Significant???

The half life of atazanavir is such that one a day dosing is appropriate for most patients and being occasionally severalhours early or late will not usually cause any problems. Use of tenofovir or drugs that effect stomach acid could decrease the levels of atazanvir and may pose more of a problem. With Trizivir there usually is no negative drug interaction. I usually use atazanvir with ritonavir boosting to achieve optimal levels inially. Once suppressed with no history of resistance I then sometimes will drop the ritonvir and then readjust the atazanvir dose (usually from 300 to 400 mg/day). KH

Testosterone needs
Is it lipodistrophy?