Dec 17, 2004
What is the best method for assessing intra-abdominal fat. Is there an imaging study that can be done like a CT or MRI? If there is intra-abdominal fat present, what is the most appropriate treatment available currently.
Response from Dr. Henry
Both of those imaging modalities have been used. In most studies we have been using single cut abdominal CT scans. The best treatment for increased visceral abdominal fat is unclear. Exercise, diet, treatment of insuline resistance, changing HIV meds, growth hormone-all appear helpful in some patients and are being studied. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Vaginal Sex Without Condom?
- Kissing Cold Sore Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Masturbation With Saliva Risk Of Getting HIV
- Odds Of Infection Touching Feces
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Blowjob
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.