Dec 17, 2004
What is the best method for assessing intra-abdominal fat. Is there an imaging study that can be done like a CT or MRI? If there is intra-abdominal fat present, what is the most appropriate treatment available currently.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Both of those imaging modalities have been used. In most studies we have been using single cut abdominal CT scans. The best treatment for increased visceral abdominal fat is unclear. Exercise, diet, treatment of insuline resistance, changing HIV meds, growth hormone-all appear helpful in some patients and are being studied. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Achy Balls After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.