Questions about my regiment

I was diagnosed with HIV on Nov 4, 2004. I have a CD4 of 187 and a Viral Load of > 750,000. My doctor is prescribing Truvada + Reyataz (w/ ritonivir boost).

Questions: 1) I am getting the Reyataz prescribed at 150 mg. What is the idea of having different dosages with Reyataz (100, 150, 200mg)? Is there some "play" with this regarding tweeking my regiment at a later point? 2) Regarding lipodystrophy, from what I have read on this site plus what my doctor has told me, it appears that this regiment would be most fat "friendly", as well as cholesterol and trygliceride friendly. Can you expound on this? 3) Is there a one pill formulation in the works for a Norvir boosted Reyataz (in the same sense as Kaletra)?

Thanks for all your help. This is the best site for HIV related inquiries. You guys are going a great job!

I have some concern about the tenofovir part of Truvada somewhat negating the benefits of adding the ritonavir to atazanavir ( a large upcoming ACTG trial will be looking at the regimen -long term prospective clinical trial data and experience is currently lacking on that regimen). I usually start with a Kaletra based regimen (focus on avoiding resistance) and then once suppressed often switch to an easier regimen. To my knowledge a co-formulation of ritonavir + atazanavir is NOT in the works (capitalism has its flaws). Your regimen looks fat friendly on paper and I have some experience with it suggesting that lipids are only minimally impacted but much more data is needed-it is too new. KH

Onset of Sustiva side effects after 2 years
constant headache