ringing in the ears

I have been HIV+ for 18 and a half years. Never sick, never in the hospital. My CD-4 count is 397 and viral load is 3,000. (3 thousand). I'n taking Kaleta, zerit and epiver. I have has such awful ringing in the ears and blockage on the right. It makes me dizzy and I have nausa too. It's like I'm drunk, (but I don't drink, never have) I have never used street drugs or abused prescription drugs. My HIV Specialist says she thinks its just fluid build up in the ears. I heard of something called, "Autoimmune inner ear disorder". Where the T-cells attack the inner ear. Have you ever heard of that and if this is what i could have, what's the treatment for it?

THANKS.. Patrick in Redding

I am not familiar with the autoimmune inner ear disorder that you mention. I have had some patients develop ringing in their ears that we ultimately felt was due to Epivir and less often Zerit so switching meds carefully depending on your treatment history and resistance status is a consideration if no other explanation is found. KH

DHEA and KS
Onset of Sustiva side effects after 2 years