|DHEA and KS
Dec 17, 2004
Differences in androgens of HIV positive patients with and without Kaposi sarcoma. J Clin Pathol. 1995 Jun;48(6):513-8. Considering to start DHEA I was most impressed by this article above. I had KS when my CD4 approached zero 9 years ago..any suggestion?(42young old,hiv+ since 1989)
| Response from Dr. Henry
That observation would raise some level of concern particularly for patients who have had KS. On the other hand, I have had numerous patients with a history of KS receive replacement testosterone in the setting of well controlled HIV who have had no evidence of recurrence (I haven't had much experience with DHEA in that patient population). I have had numerous patients take DHEA without any obvious problems. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.