|Avascular necrosis and HIV Link?
Dec 17, 2004
Is Avascular Necrosis directly related to HIV infection. I have gotten mixed messages from some research and my PCP who will not acknowledge a link. Where can I find the best answer?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The data is still inconclusive but it seems to be that HIV infection coupled with other risk factors (notably use of corticosteroids or the presence of other risk factors for avascular necrosis) results in an additive or synergistic effect (so I think HIV does contribute some). I have had a small handful of patients develop avascular necrosis even in the absence of clear risk factors other than HIV infection or perhaps elevated lipids due to HIV drugs. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fever After Blood Splash Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.