Dec 17, 2004
My question is: Once a person gets an AIDS diagnosis then do they always have that diagnosis regardless of whether their counts get back up or their OI is overcome? i.e. Does one's AIDS diagnosis come and go depending on their counts/OI status?
Thanks so much!
Response from Dr. Henry
For now the answer is once AIDS then always AIDS even if the CD4 count has recovered to > 200 and the person feels good. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Symptoms Rare After 6 Weeks
- Yeast Infection Or Hpv How Do I Tell
- Would My Boyfriend Get Chlamydia If I Didn't Tell Him The First Time
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Blisters?
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Shingles?
- What Happens When Gonorrhea Is Treated?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.