Dec 17, 2004
My question is: Once a person gets an AIDS diagnosis then do they always have that diagnosis regardless of whether their counts get back up or their OI is overcome? i.e. Does one's AIDS diagnosis come and go depending on their counts/OI status?
Thanks so much!
Response from Dr. Henry
For now the answer is once AIDS then always AIDS even if the CD4 count has recovered to > 200 and the person feels good. KH
Lipodystrophy then switching treatment
- Negative Hiv Test After 10 Years
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Signs That Hiv Is Turning Into Aids
- Can You Detect Hiv In A Hemoglobin Test?
- Why Is It That Some People Contract Hiv And Some Don't?
- Am I At Hiv Risk After Only One Unprotected Sex Encounter
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.