hello from france

hello from olivier in france, i just started a new treatment cause i could not do the old one every 12hours because of work and forgot it too , i had axcelent cd4 counts and no viral load, so my doc decided to switch to a once a day treatment :) reyataz, abacavir, epivir (lamivudine) and norvir(sustiva), everything is ok so far for the past 3 weeks BUT i have yeallow eyes and around eyes too , they say it s because of reyataz, any suggestion to stop that yellow thing? thanx. olivier

An increase in blood bilirubin levels occurs fairly often in persons taking atazanavir + ritonavir (? 10% it is noticeable in my experience). So far that increase in the yellow pigment has not been linked to severe liver damage (except for a couple of case reports). Other than adequate hydration and waiting 1-2 months to see if the situation improves there is no intervention that can decrease the yellow pigment levels (it is a liver effect like Gilbert's syndrome). I have had to switch off the atazanavir in a handful of patients (who otherwise were please with the drug) due to persistent jaundice (often most noticeable with the whites of the eyes). KH

New treatment, approach
WEIGHT GAIN/SIDE EFFECTS