Born with toxoplasmosis

I am 49 years old and have been positive for 15 years with no related hiv illness ever. However I do have conjenital toxoplasmosis and have been legally blind since birth. I am not currently on any meds and doing quite well. My T-cell count is 479 which is the lowest it has ever been and my viral load is 5,000. I have been off meds for 6 months now. Concerning the toxoplasmosis when should I be concerned about taking meds for it not to bother me, at what point if my T-cells start to fall or viral load has an increased height. My viral load at its highest was 150,00. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Generally the risk for central nervous system toxoplasmosis goes up after the CD4 count falls to less than 250. Taking a sulfa antibiotic (i.e. Septra) can prevent both Pneumocystis and toxo so that is recommended once the CD4 count is < 250-200. I am unsure whether your history of congenital toxo alters the threshold for using Septra (some might suggest using it even at higher CD4 counts).KH

Could this be the first signs of wasting?
hip pain, meds