Steroids for thighs

I have noticed the lipoatrophy in my upper legs over the last 2 years..where I had thick muscular legs I now can see the veins and this is worrying me. I train at the gym regularly and take trizivir twice a day. Can you recommend any type of steroids or diet plan to help increase the mass on my legs. Also is there an alternative to my meds, as I believe that AZT may be causing this. I am 39 years old and have been positive for over 10 years now. Other than this issue with my legs, I am very healthy--am undetectable and t-cells over 1000. Looking forward to your opinion.

There is no proven means to increase the amount of subcutaneous fat on the legs. Switching off a thymidine analogue (such as AZT) might help slowly (? switch the abacavir + 3TC to Epzicom and then add a third drug such as a NNRTI or perhaps a PI depending on past treatment history). Exercise and hormone optimization usualy doesn't add fat where it has been lost. This is a frustating topic that is getting alot of attention now so hopefully treatment options will be improving in the future. KH

Extreme Dry Flaking Skin
Could this be the first signs of wasting?