Hyperlipidemia and restoration of subcutaneous fat

Recently my veins are starting to be more pronounced due to years of Viracept. The doctor is thinking of changing me to Reyataz, but have just been reading about how my triglicerides and cholesterol are affecting that. If I increase my diet and exercise program,is there a way of getting that fat back? And what foods/exercise would be best?

It is not clear what intervetnion can actually cause fat to increase in the limbs though the best results have been seen if possibly offending drugs have been stopped/switched to others. How much Viracept contributes to fat loss is unclear. Switching off AZT or D4T to abacavir or tenofovir has been of modest benefit but long term results are still lacking. Loss of fat remains a huge challenge for the field of HIV therapy so there is much frustration and work to do in order to know how to best prevent and treat fat loss. KH

Good Bloodwork---but have problems
Lipodystrophy then switching treatment