Glucosimine Interacts with HIV Meds?
Dec 9, 2004
I have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis. A friend told me about Glucosimine as an alternative treatment for Osteoarthritis, I need to know if this would have a effect on my current meds, which are Viracept (nelfinavir mesylate), epivir, Viread, and wellbutrin.
Response from Dr. Henry
Glucosamine +/- chondroitin is used for osteoarthritis and should be OK with your HIV meds though caution and careful observation is advised. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From French Kissing
- Seroconverting After Condom Inside Out
- Should I Get Tested After Condom Slipped?
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- What Is The Risk Of Getting AIDS From Topping?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Frottage?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.