Skinny but HIGH cholesterol!

Hi... I've been on very successful & side-effect free treatment with Sustiva/Truvada for about 9 weeks. I am 40, 5'8 & 132 lbs. I have always been slim, my heaviset weight was 140. I've only lost about 7 lbs. since being diagnosed about 3 months ago, due to a lighter appetite. Here is the difficult irony: I have been battling high cholesterol for several years (caused in part by HIV??) that was well controlled by Lipitor, but ceased taking it when I started treatment. My cholesterol is back up to the mid-200's (the LDL low). How can I gain back the lost weight, without eating all the foods we think of as troublesome? I don't want to add the stress of statins to my liver.

Response from Dr. Conway

A few issues here. Some of what you are having may relate to heredity...It may be that high cholesterol is part of your genetic make-up and you need to take pills for it.

As for your medications, the two "third drugs" associated with the least effects on your cholesterol are Viramune and Reyataz. Sustiva is quite good in this regard, but not the best. You may want to think about that.

As for what you can do, stopping smoking (if this applies to you) is a great idea, as is a good aerobic and weight training exercise plan. Not only will this help with the cholesterol, it may also but some muscle on you. The diet can eb designed to help you gain weight (high protein) without affecting your cholesterol, so you should discuss this with a professional dietician.

Re:Regarding mutual masturbation
painful gums and painful teeth